Seton Hill residents –
As previously discussed, the City is in the process of rolling out a municipal trash can citywide.
The Seton Hill Association has been working with the City to extend the initial February deadlines for the municipal trash can program roll out. After much communication with the City, the Department of Public Works has extended this deadline for Seton Hill until 20 April 2016. The Seton Hill Association has asked for the City to provide us with a sample 65 gallon can and 35 gallon can so that residents may come and see which, if any option, is viable for our unique homes.
There are three options for this roll out:
- A 65 gallon can – 25.9” (width) x 26.5” (depth) x 42.2” (height)
- A 35 gallon can – 22.8” (width) x 22.3” (depth) x 38.2” (height)
- Opting out all together
The 65 gallon can is the standard. If you do not want this can, you must take action.
If you want the smaller 35 gallon can, you must call 311 (it’s not available on the app) and request the 35 gallon can, due to the fact that Seton Hill properties are often part of a block-long group of houses, have front trash collection and little rear storage. As the Seton Hill Association has found that neither the 65 nor 35 gallon cans are usable at many of the properties in the neighborhood, residents may want to measure your door or gate.
If you want to opt out completely and continue to use your own can, you need to complete this form and email it to email@example.com. Note: The City will continue to collect your trash, using any trash can you wish to use.
The Seton Hill Association is still requesting that the City come up with a more robust solution regarding the municipal trash can program, one wherein the entire City is able to receive a trash can that works for their properties.
Here are some additional facts, provided by the City:
- Cans will arrive in 2016, and residents will be notified by mail approximately one week in advance of the arrival of the cans. The delivery will be preceded by a door tag notifying residents that the can will be delivered in about 10 days, and updated delivery schedules will be posted on DPW’s website.
- Trash collection days will remain the same.
- The municipal cans provided by the City will remain the property of the City and should be left with the property if resident moves.
Limited 35 gallon Option
- In addition, owners of properties that are part of a block-long group and have front collection and little rear storage criteria are eligible to receive a smaller 35 gallon can.
- Requests for smaller cans must be made by calling 311.
More information can be found here.
If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.